The library is for those readers who wish to view original scientific sources for articles featured in Alternavita Monthly Magazine©.
Patent Number: 5,397,776 Mar. 14, 1995 Inventors:
Hector F. DeLuca, Deerfeld; Kato L. Pel’lman; Hisham M- Dal’WiSh’
Abstract: A birth control method for a female mammal which comprises administering to the mammal an amount of a vitamin D compound sufficient to block binding of progesterone to the progesterone receptor in said mammal.
Colostrum The Wonder Drug
Below not included in May 2019 magazine due to space limitations:
Colostrum Goes Biotech
3 A novel extract from bovine colostrum whey supports anti-bacterial and anti-viral innate immune functions in vitro and in vivo: I. Enhanced immune activity in vitro translates to improved microbial clearance in animal infection models.
^scroll down patent page to see this and all patents by Immuron® Ltd., link won’t go directly to page.
The Top Oils For Health
9. The Effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Vitamin E Co-Supplementation on Indices of Insulin Resistance and Hormonal Parameters in Patients with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial.
Why SIBO Matters
The Gut Liver Axis
The Alternative Lifestyle
There are no sources in this months magazine. All my personal tips for achieving health and diet success come from human clinical research, for common, specific conditions. Many diet tips come from Cedars Sinai moderate diet approach for SIBO. Behavioral health tips are from a number of sources.
WHO Millennium Babies
2017 Setting The First Gold Standard
- Gut microbiota and malnutrition
- Lower Protein Intake Supports Normal Growth of Full-Term Infants Fed Formula: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- The influence of natural feeding on human health: short- and long-term perspectives.
- Applications for α-lactalbumin in human nutrition
- The Use of Probiotics in Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Review of the Literature and Recommendations by Latin-American Experts
- Bifidobacterium longum subspecies infantis: champion colonizer of the infant gut
- Milk Glycans and Their Interaction with the Infant-Gut Microbiota
- The Discovery of Vitamin D: The Contribution of Adolf Windaus
*Vitamin D testing and supplementation as currently practiced is being challenged daily as both cost and benefit ineffective in hospital settings. Extra Vitamin D supplementation is no longer a standard treatment recommendation addition in natural immune therapy like GcMaf.
The Evolution Of Yogurt
Alternavita Magazine© Feature Article September 2018
Alternavita Magazine© Feature Article August 2018
The Champagne Of Milk
Why is kefir gaining clinical popularity as an emerging nutra-ceutical? The interest in developing functional foods is increasing because people want to improve their health and prevent diseases. Kefir is a mildly acidic fermented beverage with high probiotic activity, produced by the addition of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts to milk. The composition of kefir varies according to factors such as milk type and the microbiological composition of culture types; kefir grain or commercial starter culture. The microorganisms in kefir produce vitamins, degrade protein and hydrolyse lactose, resulting in a highly nutritious and digestible functional food.
1. A review: chemical, microbiological and nutritional characteristics of kefir: CyTA – Journal of Food: Vol 13, No 3
2. Lactic Acid Bacteria and Bifidobacteria with Potential to Design Natural Biofunctional Health-Promoting Dairy Foods
3 Milk kefir: composition, microbial cultures, biological activities, and related products
4. Fruits and vegetables, as a source of nutritional compounds and phytochemicals: Changes in bioactive compounds during lactic fermentation
5. Kefir peptides prevent high-fructose corn syrup-induced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in a murine model by modulation of inflammation and the JAK2 signaling pathway.
Alternavita Magazine© Feature Article July 2018
Whey To Go For Protein Power
Combatting Protein Energy Malnutrition With Liquid Whey
What is Protein Energy Malnutrition/Protein Calorie Malnutrition?
Protein energy malnutrition (PEM) is defined as a form of malnutrition due to lack of protein and can be moderate to severe
Types of protein malnutrition are:
Kwashiorkor: Protein malnutrition dominant
Marasmus: Deficiency in calorie intake
Marasmic Kwashiorkor: Marked protein deficiency and marked calorie insufficiency, the most severe form (PCM)
Protein energy malnutrition can have significant lifelong effects
Whey To Go For Protein Power
Therapeutic Potential of Milk Whey
2. Acid whey: Is the waste product an untapped goldmine?
3. Initiation of a cure for kwashiorkor patients using a whey milk product. A comparison with cows milk
4. Growth and Nutritional Biomarkers of Preterm Infants Fed a New Powdered Human Milk Fortifier: A Randomized Trial
5. Whey protein hydrolysate and branched-chain amino acids downregulate inflammation-related genes in vascular endothelial cells
6. Goat whey ameliorates intestinal inflammation on acetic acid-induced colitis in rats
Alternavita Magazine© Feature Article June 2018
The Living Immune System
Why is mammal milk a biologically active life giving force for immunity?
Colostrum is such an important part of mammalian evolution that most mammals literally cannot
survive without it and today’s research is indicating that the human mammal may be no different The foundation for the optimal health of each new born mammal begins with colostrum and ends with an optimal period that differs across species of later lactation milk before proper weaning for the
lifelong benefit of the mammal.
The Living Immune System
2. Copyright (C) 2013 by the American Society for Nutrition autism, allergy, and HIV, the microbiota and general gut integrity play a role.
3 Digested artificial baby milk, but not breast milk, kills normal cells
4. 2015 Cultivating healthy growth and nutrition through the gut microbiota
5. kwashiorkor microbiome causal factor
6. The Science of Mother’s Milk-1
7. A molecular basis for bifidobacterial enrichment in the infant gastrointestinal tract…..Expression studies indicate that many of these key functions are only induced during growth on milk oligosaccharides and not expressed during growth on other prebiotics. (Garrido D., 2012)
More sources not included in Alternavita Monthly Magazine© June 2018
Kwashiorkor is a form of acute malnutrition, and it seems to be caused by environmental factors and a lack of protein in the diet. Recently, the team of Prof. Gordon at WUSTL established that the microbiome is one of the causal factors in this disease. This is one of the few cases in which we have advanced enough to have established a “bad microbiome” to be one of the causal factors of a disease. Granted, it is not the only factor, but it is one of them rather than just a marker of the disease. NIH’s medline on Kwashiorkor Smith et al., 2014, Gut microbiome of Malawian twin pairs discordant for kwashiorkor.
Abstract: Kwashiorkor, an enigmatic form of severe acute malnutrition, is the consequence of inadequate nutrient intake plus additional environmental insults. To investigate the role of the gut microbiome, we studied 317 Malawian twin pairs during the first 3 years of life. During this time, half of the twin pairs remained well nourished, whereas 43% became discordant, and 7% manifested concordance for acute malnutrition. Both children in twin pairs discordant for kwashiorkor were treated with a peanut-based, ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF). Time-series metagenomic studies revealed that RUTF produced a transient maturation of metabolic functions in kwashiorkor gut microbiomes that regressed when administration of RUTF was stopped. Previously frozen fecal communities from several discordant pairs were each transplanted into gnotobiotic mice. The combination of Malawian diet and kwashiorkor microbiome produced marked weight loss in recipient mice, accompanied by perturbations in amino acid, carbohydrate, and intermediary metabolism that were only transiently ameliorated with RUTF.