The library is for those readers who wish to view original scientific sources for articles featured in Alternavita Monthly Magazine©.
Method of producing antibody-fortiﬁed dry whey
Compositions and methods for treatment in broad-spectrum, undifferentiated or mixed clinical applications
Bovine colostrum-driven modulation of intestinal epithelial cells for increased commensal colonisation.
Perspectives on Immunoglobulins in Colostrum and Milk
VITAMIN D COMPOUNDS WITH ANTI-PROGESTERONE ACTIVITY
Patent Number: 5,397,776 Mar. 14, 1995 Inventors:
Hector F. DeLuca, Deerfeld; Kato L. Pel’lman; Hisham M- Dal’WiSh’
Abstract: A birth control method for a female mammal which comprises administering to the mammal an amount of a vitamin D compound sufficient to block binding of progesterone to the progesterone receptor in said mammal.
Are Hormonal Contraceptives Teratogenic?
Low metabolic clearance of the hormones in some women may lead to abnormal accumulation of hormones and/or their metabolic products could be toxic to the embryo eIther dIrectly or by reducing the availability of vitamins crucial to fetal growth, such as folic acid.
Various studies have demonstrated a significant decrease in the levels of vitamins B folic acid, and pyridoxal phosphate. The most consistent of these findings is reduced red cell folate.
Hydrogen Sulfide Fact Sheet – The Dangers Of Bio Solid Wastes
42 Symptoms Associated With Hydrogen Sulfide Gas And Toxic By Products
Colostrum The Wonder Drug
1. Bovine colostrum: An emerging nutraceutical
2. Effects of Bovine Immunoglobulins on Immune Function, Allergy, and Infection
3 Anti-lps enriched immunoglobulin preparation for use in treatment and/or prophylaxis of non alcoholic steatohepatitis
4. Methods and compositions using anti-lps ligands for the treatment and prevention of inﬂammatory disorders
5. A Breast Milk Ingredient Is the Hot New Health Supplement for Adults
Below not included in May 2019 magazine due to space limitations:
7. Diversity of Human Milk Oligosaccharides and Effects on Early Life Immune Development
8. Bovine colostrum-driven modulation of intestinal epithelial cells for increased commensal colonisation.
9. Oral immune therapy: targeting the systemic immune system via the gut immune system for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease
Colostrum Goes Biotech
1. Probiotics: determinants of survival and growth in the gut
2. Bovine colostrum- driven modulation of intestinal epithelial cells for increased commensal colonisation
3 A novel extract from bovine colostrum whey supports anti-bacterial and anti-viral innate immune functions in vitro and in vivo: I. Enhanced immune activity in vitro translates to improved microbial clearance in animal infection models.
4. Anti-lps enriched immunoglobulin preparation for use in treatment and/or prophylaxis of a pathologic disorder.
^scroll down patent page to see this and all patents by Immuron® Ltd., link won’t go directly to page.
5. The Role of Probiotics and Prebiotics in the Prevention and Treatment of Obesity.
The Top Oils For Health
1. Olive oil polyphenols reduce oxysterols -induced redox imbalance and pro-inflammatory response in intestinal cells
2. Marine fish oil is more potent than plant-based n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in the prevention of mammary tumors
3 Supplementation of n3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid synergistically decreases insulin resistance with weight loss of obese prepubertal and pubertal children.
4. N-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids restore Th17 and Treg balance in collagen antibody-induced arthritis
5. Cell activation state influences the modulation of HLA-DR surface expression on human monocytes/macrophages by parenteral fish oil lipid emulsion
6. Resolvin E1 Regulates Inflammation at the Cellular and Tissue Level and Restores Tissue Homeostasis In Vivo
7. Docosahexaenoic Acid Induces Cell Death in Human Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Cells by Repressing mTOR via AMPK Activation and PI3K/Akt Inhibition.
8. Docoxahexaenoic Acid Induces Apoptosis of Pancreatic Cancer Cells by Suppressing Activation of STAT3 and NF-κB
9. The Effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Vitamin E Co-Supplementation on Indices of Insulin Resistance and Hormonal Parameters in Patients with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial.
Why SIBO Matters
1. Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: A Bridge between Functional Organic Dichotomy
2. Effect of probiotics on small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in patients with gastric and colorectal cancer
3 Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in systemic sclerosis: a review of the literature
4. Levothyroxine therapy and impaired clearance are the strongest contributors to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth: Results of a retrospective cohort study.
The Gut Liver Axis
1. Use of bovine colostrum of non-hyperimmunized with viruses animals as liver protection preparation
2. Anti-lps enriched immunoglobulin preparation for use in treatment and/or prophylaxis of non alcoholic steatohepatitis
3 Global burden of NAFLD and NASH: trends, predictions, risk factors and prevention
4 Use of viable anaerobic bacteria for the preparation of a medicament for inhibiting the growth of sulphate reducing bacteria
The Alternative Lifestyle
There are no sources in this months magazine. All my personal tips for achieving health and diet success come from human clinical research, for common, specific conditions. Many diet tips come from Cedars Sinai moderate diet approach for SIBO. Behavioral health tips are from a number of sources.
WHO Millennium Babies
2017 Setting The First Gold Standard
- Gut microbiota and malnutrition
- Lower Protein Intake Supports Normal Growth of Full-Term Infants Fed Formula: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- The influence of natural feeding on human health: short- and long-term perspectives.
- Applications for α-lactalbumin in human nutrition
- The Use of Probiotics in Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Review of the Literature and Recommendations by Latin-American Experts
- Bifidobacterium longum subspecies infantis: champion colonizer of the infant gut
- Milk Glycans and Their Interaction with the Infant-Gut Microbiota
- The Discovery of Vitamin D: The Contribution of Adolf Windaus
*Vitamin D testing and supplementation as currently practiced is being challenged daily as both cost and benefit ineffective in hospital settings. Extra Vitamin D supplementation is no longer a standard treatment recommendation addition in natural immune therapy like GcMaf.
The Evolution Of Yogurt
Alternavita Magazine© Feature Article September 2018
1. Mechanisms of Action of Keﬁr in Chronic Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases.
2. The Role of Probiotics in Cancer Treatment: Emphasis on their In Vivo and In Vitro Antimetastatic Effects
3 Keﬁr induces cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in HTLV-1-negative malignant T-lymphocytes
4. Selective induction of apoptosis in human gastric cancer cells by Lactobacillus keﬁri (PFT), a novel keﬁr product
5. Keﬁr peptides prevent high-fructose corn syrupinduced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in a murine model by modulation of inﬂammation and the JAK2 signaling pathway.
6. Deleterious Metabolic Effects of High Fructose Intake: The Preventive Effect of Lactobacillus keﬁri Administration.
7. Keﬁr Supplementation Modiﬁes Gut Microbiota Composition, Reduces Physical Fatigue, and Improves Exercise Performance in Mice.
8. The Microbiota and Health Promoting Characteristics of the Fermented Beverage Keﬁr
Alternavita Magazine© Feature Article August 2018
The Champagne Of Milk
Why is kefir gaining clinical popularity as an emerging nutra-ceutical? The interest in developing functional foods is increasing because people want to improve their health and prevent diseases. Kefir is a mildly acidic fermented beverage with high probiotic activity, produced by the addition of lactic acid bacteria and yeasts to milk. The composition of kefir varies according to factors such as milk type and the microbiological composition of culture types; kefir grain or commercial starter culture. The microorganisms in kefir produce vitamins, degrade protein and hydrolyse lactose, resulting in a highly nutritious and digestible functional food.
1. A review: chemical, microbiological and nutritional characteristics of kefir: CyTA – Journal of Food: Vol 13, No 3
2. Lactic Acid Bacteria and Bifidobacteria with Potential to Design Natural Biofunctional Health-Promoting Dairy Foods
3 Milk kefir: composition, microbial cultures, biological activities, and related products
4. Fruits and vegetables, as a source of nutritional compounds and phytochemicals: Changes in bioactive compounds during lactic fermentation
5. Kefir peptides prevent high-fructose corn syrup-induced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in a murine model by modulation of inflammation and the JAK2 signaling pathway.
Alternavita Magazine© Feature Article July 2018
Whey To Go For Protein Power
Combatting Protein Energy Malnutrition With Liquid Whey
What is Protein Energy Malnutrition/Protein Calorie Malnutrition?
Protein energy malnutrition (PEM) is defined as a form of malnutrition due to lack of protein and can be moderate to severe
Types of protein malnutrition are:
Kwashiorkor: Protein malnutrition dominant
Marasmus: Deficiency in calorie intake
Marasmic Kwashiorkor: Marked protein deficiency and marked calorie insufficiency, the most severe form (PCM)
Protein energy malnutrition can have significant lifelong effects
Whey To Go For Protein Power
Therapeutic Potential of Milk Whey
2. Acid whey: Is the waste product an untapped goldmine?
3. Initiation of a cure for kwashiorkor patients using a whey milk product. A comparison with cows milk
4. Growth and Nutritional Biomarkers of Preterm Infants Fed a New Powdered Human Milk Fortifier: A Randomized Trial
5. Whey protein hydrolysate and branched-chain amino acids downregulate inflammation-related genes in vascular endothelial cells
6. Goat whey ameliorates intestinal inflammation on acetic acid-induced colitis in rats
Alternavita Magazine© Feature Article June 2018
The Living Immune System
Why is mammal milk a biologically active life giving force for immunity?
Colostrum is such an important part of mammalian evolution that most mammals literally cannot
survive without it and today’s research is indicating that the human mammal may be no different The foundation for the optimal health of each new born mammal begins with colostrum and ends with an optimal period that differs across species of later lactation milk before proper weaning for the
lifelong benefit of the mammal.
The Living Immune System
1. Beneficial Microorganisms in Medical and Health Applications
2. Copyright (C) 2013 by the American Society for Nutrition autism, allergy, and HIV, the microbiota and general gut integrity play a role.
3 Digested artificial baby milk, but not breast milk, kills normal cells
4. 2015 Cultivating healthy growth and nutrition through the gut microbiota
5. kwashiorkor microbiome causal factor
6. The Science of Mother’s Milk-1
7. A molecular basis for bifidobacterial enrichment in the infant gastrointestinal tract…..Expression studies indicate that many of these key functions are only induced during growth on milk oligosaccharides and not expressed during growth on other prebiotics. (Garrido D., 2012)
8. Polyvalent immunoglobulins (a bovine colostrum concentrate) in the treatment of Sjogren’s syndrome in a vegetarian with stomatitis, glossodynia, xer… – PubMed – NCBI
More sources not included in Alternavita Monthly Magazine© June 2018
Kwashiorkor is a form of acute malnutrition, and it seems to be caused by environmental factors and a lack of protein in the diet. Recently, the team of Prof. Gordon at WUSTL established that the microbiome is one of the causal factors in this disease. This is one of the few cases in which we have advanced enough to have established a “bad microbiome” to be one of the causal factors of a disease. Granted, it is not the only factor, but it is one of them rather than just a marker of the disease. NIH’s medline on Kwashiorkor Smith et al., 2014, Gut microbiome of Malawian twin pairs discordant for kwashiorkor.
Abstract: Kwashiorkor, an enigmatic form of severe acute malnutrition, is the consequence of inadequate nutrient intake plus additional environmental insults. To investigate the role of the gut microbiome, we studied 317 Malawian twin pairs during the first 3 years of life. During this time, half of the twin pairs remained well nourished, whereas 43% became discordant, and 7% manifested concordance for acute malnutrition. Both children in twin pairs discordant for kwashiorkor were treated with a peanut-based, ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF). Time-series metagenomic studies revealed that RUTF produced a transient maturation of metabolic functions in kwashiorkor gut microbiomes that regressed when administration of RUTF was stopped. Previously frozen fecal communities from several discordant pairs were each transplanted into gnotobiotic mice. The combination of Malawian diet and kwashiorkor microbiome produced marked weight loss in recipient mice, accompanied by perturbations in amino acid, carbohydrate, and intermediary metabolism that were only transiently ameliorated with RUTF.